Math Made Relevant
The question asked in every math classroom year after year is, “When will I use this in the real world?”
The answer is P2C Math.
P2C Math bridges the gap between textbook theory and real-life math applications. It helps students understand the ‘why’ behind the ‘what’, propelling them towards success and fueling economic growth. Elevate your math learning experience with P2C Math today!
Connecting Math to Careers
P2C Math modernizes the teaching of mathematics by prioritizing comprehension. When students find purpose in what they are learning, they perform better in school. The flexible delivery options of our math-curriculum empowers teachers to establish connections between math and various careers, illustrating the relevance of mathematical concepts to real-world occupations.
P2C Math Includes:
Each P2C Math lesson provides opportunities for students to practice math skills and concepts.
Career Preparation & Career Spotlight
Build Your Skills & On the Job
Designed as a stop-gap to assess learning throughout each lesson, these exercises give teachers the opportunity to assess student understanding before moving on to the next concept within the class period.
What are Teachers Saying?1
Reported the career content as interesting and engaging.
Observed an increase in math performance.
Reported an increased interest in career exploration.
1 P2C Math was used as a pilot in New Mexico during the spring of 2021. Surveys were conducted to capture the initial use classroom and provide teacher feedback regarding its benefits and weaknesses.
Our professional development team is dedicated to ensuring your P2C Math adoption is successful.
- In-person or virtual implementation and onboarding sessions include the following components:
- Ensure access to P2C Educate
- Provide a deep dive into the P2C Math curriculum, lesson planning, and assessment support
- Exploration of additional career-connected learning features of the P2C Educate to aid teachers in amplifying engagement in their classrooms!
- Participation in the P2C Monthly Master Class that provides:
- Support for users in the practice of research-based pedagogically sound instructional strategies
- Support in the use of P2C Math and/or P2C Career Explorer curriculum
- Access to P2C Educate includes asynchronous courses and participation with a collaborative community of P2C users. P2C educators have access to three categories of courses designed to not only support educators in their use of the P2C curriculum but also aid in their understanding of pedagogy and sound instructional practices.
- 30, 60, and 90-day virtual check-ins to ensure a smooth transition to P2C for teachers and administrators.
A Pathway to Equitable Outcomes
This comprehensive math coaching model is designed to:
Foster equitable outcomes in math education
Create a positive impact on leaders, teachers, and students
Ready to ignite student learning and close the gap between education and industry with Pathway2Careers?