What is ESSER?
The Elementary and Secondary School Emergency Relief (ESSER) Fund is part of the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act, established to provide relief to K-12 schools during the COVID-19 pandemic (U.S. Department of Education, 2023).
The funds provide schools and districts with an avenue to address key areas of need in support of their students, staff, families, and stakeholders. Below are a few ways ESSER funds can be used to support student academic achievement.
- Support academic recovery by accelerating learning to address learning loss
- Provide instructional materials and curriculum to enhance the learning experience
- Provide technologies to promote educational interactions between students and their classroom instructors
- Provide resources for afterschool programs and summer learning implementation
- Provide professional development for teachers and staff to enhance their skills and improve instructional practices
Contact P2C for assistance in applying ESSER funds to career-connected learning.